Kompabilitet med E10

Frågor som har med teknik att göra hör hemma i det här forumet.
Per Mo
Forumveteran

Kompabilitet med E10

Post by Per Mo »

Fråga om våra bilars kompabilitet med E10 dök upp i FB-gruppen Lotus Owners and Enthusiasts och som ett av svaren fanns denna länk där Lotus själva svarat.

https://www.lotuscars.com/sv-SE/fuel-co ... KxgCf9nnq8
Pelle Mohlin

Lotus Elise Sport 220 MY17 2017-20?? :steer:
Lotus Elise 111R MY07 2011-2017  :race:
BMW Z3 2.8 2003-2011  :race:
LCCS Webmaster
webmaster[at]lccs.nu
Per Mo
Forumveteran

Re: Kompabilitet med E10

Post by Per Mo »

FUEL COMPATIBILITY

Lotus Model Production Year E10 Compatible?
Elan 1989 – 1994 No
Esprit (4cyl. carburettor) 1987 – 1989 No
Esprit (4cyl. fuel injection) 1989 – 1999 Yes
Esprit (V8) 1998 – 2004 Yes
Elise (Rover) 1996 – 2004 No
340R 2000 No
Exige (Rover) 2001 – 2002, 2004 No
Elise (Toyota) 2004 onwards Yes
Exige (Toyota) 2004 onwards Yes
Europa 2006 – 2010 No
Evora (Toyota) 2009 onwards Yes
TOYOTA POWERTRAIN FUEL REQUIREMENTS FOR ELISE, EXIGE AND EVORA

Below is an extract taken from page 101 of the Evora Owner’s handbook (all languages), the information contained is applicable to all Lotus vehicles using 1ZZ, 1ZR, 2ZZ, 2GRFE standard production engines. Please note that this information cannot be guaranteed if unauthorised modifications have been carried out to the engine, engine management, and fuel or emission systems.

Lotus has NOT tested Ethanol on the Rover K series engine or its associated fuel control systems so we CANNOT recommend the use of Ethanol Fuel for Lotus vehicles using the ROVER powertrain.

NOTICE

Using fuel with a lower octane rating may cause knocking (pinking) which, if severe, can cause serious engine damage. Light knocking may occasionally be heard for short periods when accelerating or driving up hills, and should cause no concern, although using a lower gear would be advised. If, however, persistent heavy knocking is heard when using the specified fuel, a Lotus dealer should be consulted without delay.

The use of good quality fuels containing proper detergent additives is advised for good performance and emission control.

The Evora is fitted with a ‘three way’ catalytic converter in the exhaust system in order to reduce the noxious content of the exhaust gases and comply with emission control regulations.

It is essential that ONLY UNLEADED FUEL is used. The effectiveness of the catalytic converters decreases after as little as one tankful of leaded fuel or LRP.

NOTICE

The use of leaded fuel, or lead replacement petrol (LRP), will cause irreversible contamination of the precious metal catalysts and of the exhaust gas sensors used by the computer controlled engine management system.

Fuel system damage and running problems, resulting from the use of incorrect fuels will not be covered by your New Vehicle Warranty.

DO NOT push or tow start the car; or turn off the ignition at engine speeds above idle; or run the fuel tank dry: Any of these actions may damage the catalytic converters.

Ethanol E5 & E10 – A mixture of 5% or 10% ethanol (grain alcohol) and unleaded petrol may be used on Evora, but the lower octane rating (typically 93 – 94 RON) will result in slightly reduced performance and economy. If driveability problems are experienced as a result of using ethanol, use 95 RON unleaded petrol. Do not use Ethanol blends with a higher concentration than 10%. Methanol – Do not use fuels containing methanol (wood alcohol). Use of this type of alcohol can result in performance deterioration and damage to critical parts in the fuel system.

Fuels Containing MMT – Some fuels contain methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl (MMT), which is an octane enhancing additive. Such fuels may damage the emission control system and should NOT be used.

Diesel – The Lotus Elise, Exige and Evora WILL NOT operate on diesel fuel.
Pelle Mohlin

Lotus Elise Sport 220 MY17 2017-20?? :steer:
Lotus Elise 111R MY07 2011-2017  :race:
BMW Z3 2.8 2003-2011  :race:
LCCS Webmaster
webmaster[at]lccs.nu